After much soul-searching, I realized I hid my candle – out of fear of judgment. The light still remained in my soul, but I took my eyes off of God.
I placed the value of my light on the women in my sight.
Instead of the God who works with all might.
Instead of the God who is completely right.
Instead of the God who shines bright.
God’s glory, his radiance, and his brilliance are not dependent on the responses of others. He is light.
It is impossible for darkness to extinguish light. It will always shine. It will always be. It does not depend on reactions, perceptions or judgments. It just is.
Even if you have your flame hidden, it is still there. It stands ready to shine.Because the light he put in us is truth. It is the power he works within us to shine the glory of Jesus Christ in present day life.
For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ.” (2 Cor. 4:6 NLT)
To hide his light, to squelch its power – is to hide the saving and redeeming work of Jesus Christ. When we do this, we hide the work he has set forth for us to do. But, when we live based on the light that is within us, we are truly living. We are in his will. We are living with purpose and with power. We can see the way we should go. It is amazing. It is powerful.
In Order to Let Your Light Shine Bright, You Should:
- Not fear the response of man.
- Speak as the Lord directs.
- Listen to others opinions and reflect on truth.
- We run from those who are not willing to listen or hear.
- Realize that the value of our message is not dependent on the value of others responses.
- Give glory to the Lord all the time – in all ways.
- Weigh our words carefully before speaking.
- Speak truth no matter what, balanced in love.
- Be who God created us to be, no matter how others feel.
Never be afraid to shine too brightly for the one you love; for the light within you is set to light the world on fire with a love of Christ. Let your light shine bright.